top of page

Raising Concerns







 Raising Concerns 

 About A Dispute Resolution Professional

 All accredited National Mediators (NMAS -  National Mediators Accreditation System) and  Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners  (FDRP's) must have access to a complaints  mechanism that covers their dispute resolution  services, and they are obliged to provide  information about their complaints process  before providing dispute resolution services.

 If you wish to make a complaint about your  experience with an accredited FDR  practitioner, you should directly raise your  complaint with the practitioner in the first  instance.

 Complaints about a mediator/family dispute  resolution practitioner will only be accepted  and investigated within 28 days of the  mediation session being held. Matters  submitted outside of this time period will not  be considered.

 If the FDR practitioner works for a government  funded service such as a Family Relationship  Centre and you are not satisfied with how your  complaint has been handled, or if you are  uncomfortable in pursuing the matter directly with  them, you can contact the National Office  Complaints Team in the Department of Social  Services:

 Phone: 1800 634 035
 Fax: 02 6204 4587



If you make a complaint about a practitioner, any personal information you provide will be collected for the purposes of identifying you as the complainant. If it is deemed necessary, your personal information and the substance of your complaint may be passed to the practitioner concerned in order for them to respond to the issues raised.

We will not disclose your personal information to anyone not named in the complaint. If you do not provide suitable identifying information we will not take action on your complaint.

bottom of page